The lunch provided in our school consists of a hot two-course meal, offering a choice of main courses, vegetables, salads and desserts. A cold lunchbox option is also available. Cost (for Years 3-6) is just £2.35 per meal, which is exempt from VAT. The menu for the week to come is displayed in the noticeboard as you come into school.
The menus are designed to be tempting and healthy and offer choice for vegetarians with some special diets available. See our menus below:
FREE SCHOOL MEALS – ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO GET FUNDING FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS AND MORE?
Pupil Premium provides the school with vital funding. Without this money, we are unable to sustain the MANY things that our school offers. Without Pupil Premium for example, we would not be able to sustain:
- the current level of staffing (Learning Support Assistants and Individual SENd Support)
- additional learning support (e.g. one-to-one, small group tuition, intervention programmes)
- specialist teachers for subjects such as Physical Education, Competitive Sport, Music
- Additional wrap-around care services such as Breakfast Club which enable the school to be open from 7:30am
- Subsidy of some school trips
By completing this form, you will gain MUCH more than just receiving free school meals for your child. By completing the application form your child may also personally receive extra funding that may be used for a variety of reasons, including some of the following:
- Subsidised school trips
- Free Breakfast Club
- Extra one-to-one and small group support for learning in the core subjects of English and Mathematics
- Purchase of specialist resources to support your child’s learning needs
- school uniform
Universal Infant Free School Meals were introduced from September 2014 for ALL children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2– this means children in these year groups are automatically entitled to having a free dinner at lunchtime. If you are eligible and don’t complete the application form however, your child will miss out on the above.
For parents/carers of children in Reception to Year 6, if you are entitled to ANY ONE of the following benefits please ensure you complete an application form straight away:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67 per month), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
To apply for Free School Meals please click here www.suffolk.gov.uk/freeschoolmealswww.suffolk.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
For more information on Pupil Premium please click here.